The Personal & Social Development (PD) course covers the personal and social skills needed to make the most of working, learning and living.
Employers want staff who are :
• At work every day.
• Always on time.
• Keen to learn and get better at their job.
• Cooperative with their line manager and those in authority within the job.
• Cooperative and friendly with their colleagues.
• Able to read, write and understand number well.
So the PD course is fundamental to all our students, as it helps you develop these skills.
We cover the following units:
• Developing self.
• Dealing with problems in daily life.
• Healthy living.
• Individual rights and responsibilities.
• Managing money.
• Managing social relationships.
• Preparing for work.
• Working as part of a group.
The Personal Development course will lead to a Level 1 Award in Personal Social Development or a Level 1 Certificate in Personal Social Development.
Personal Social Development provides a springboard into any subject area as it covers transferable skills required in all aspects of life and work.